Monday, February 9, 2009

Back to School

Oooh, it's been many many weeks since I've posted....I think with the holidays I got put in a tailspin and haven't stopped! Well, I started this year off with a bang.~ I'd been feeling for the last couple months that I wanted to go back to school. I have always wanted to get my bachelors degree but since I have a 2 year degree from a private college I can't transfer to a university-my only option was University of Phoenix. Not that I am too good for that, but hello, it's like $20K for 2 years and the degrees they offer were not really anything that clicked with me. I love learning and with my sis Amber encouraging me, I enrolled in Community College for 9 credits this semester. I figure this would be something that really was just for my own personal "enrichment" if you will and that I would enjoy the journey and hopefully end up with a degree at the end. I didn't totally have to start over though (I had 15 credits from right after college that are still good) so at the end of summer, if all goes well, I will be a sophmore. Part of me wonders what I was thinking-I am soooo busy as it is, but it just felt like the right time. And, all my classes are online-that makes a big difference too. I'm enjoying it very much right now-I'm taking a Sociology class (Intro to Marriage and Family) and Anthropology. In March I will be done with the marriage class and will pick up Nevada History. I try not to think about the end result because that can be daunting and overwhelming, but again, I'm just trying to enjoy it as I work my way through it.

4 comments:

The Pemberton Family said...

I can see how you thought you had time for this....um no I can't really! lol
This is only going to cut into our play time--how could you do this to me??? Do you have a job still? And are you enjoying your blonde bombshell hair?? MISS YOU!!

Kari said...

I am so proud of you. You are the best. If you ever need help with the kids let me know.

pezprincess2000 said...

Wow, Marcelle! I am amazed how you have time to finish your degree and take care of the family. Pretty amazing! Sociology classes are fun. That was my minor in college and Psychology was my major. Looks like we're pretty similar. Good luck with school. I'm sure you'll do great!

jenorme said...

You are superwoman, so it does not really surpise me that you are juggling school in with everything else, including blogging. I totally just blog stalked you off of Kari Thompson's ite. Hope you don't mind. Your girls are so grown up! Tell Justin "hi" for us!